Welcome to Lemao’s Homepage
My name is Lemao Liu. I am currently a senior researcher at Tencent AI Lab, working on (human-machine interactive) machine translation, parsing, natural language processing and their related topics. I am a member of LAT group and you can reach me through NAME at gmail dot com (NAME=lemaoliu).
More about me
I am from Yugan in Jiangxi Provice, which is a small yet beautiful county near Poyang Lake, the largest freshwater lake in China. I earned my Ph.D. degree at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in Oct. 2013, under the instructions of Prof. Tiejun Zhao at HIT and Dr. Taro Watanabe at NICT. After that, I was a postdoc researcher at the City University of New York, working with Prof. Liang Huang; and then I was a researcher at NICT Japan between Sept. 2014 and March 2017.
- 2020/04: Two papers accepted by ACL 2020.
- 2020/02: One paper accepted by JAIR.
I have some intern positions available at NLP center, Tencent AI Lab. If you have any interests, welcome to drop me an email.
- IJCAI 2021 (Senior Program Committee)
- Findings of EMNLP 2020 (Publication Co-chair)
- Standing Reviewer: Computational Linguistics, Transaction of ACL
For full publication list, please check publication page.
Jierui Li, Lemao Liu, Huayang Li, Guanlin Li, Guoping Huang and Shuming Shi. Evaluating Explanation Methods for Neural Machine Translation. Proceedings of ACL 2020.
Xintong Li, Guanlin Li, Lemao Liu, Max Meng and Shuming Shi. On the Word Alignment from Neural Machine Translation. Proceedings of ACL 2019.
Xintong Li, Lemao Liu, Zhaopeng Tu, Max Meng and Shuming Shi. Target foresight based attention for neural machine translation. Proceedings of NAACL 2018.
Lemao Liu, Masao Utiyama, Andrew Finch, Eiichiro Sumita. Neural Machine Translation with Supervised Attention. In Proceedings of COLING 2016. [paper]
Lemao Liu, Liang Huang. Search-aware Tuning for Machine Translation. In Proceedings of EMNLP 2014. [paper]
Lemao Liu, Taro Watanabe, Eiichiro Sumita, Tiejun Zhao. Additive Neural Networks for Statistical Machine Translation. In Proceedings of ACL 2013. [paper]
Lemao Liu, Hailong Cao, Taro Watanabe, Tiejun Zhao, Mo Yu, Conghui Zhu. Locally Training the Log-linear Model for SMT. In Proceedings of EMNLP-CoNLL 2012. [paper]
:arrow_right: full list
- Guanlin Li (phd student at HIT, 12/2017 - )
- Yibin Liu (engineering intern, master student at Peking Shenzhen, 11/2020 - )
- Jing Qian (phd student at UCSB, 06/2020 - 09/2020)
- Honglin Han (engineering intern, undergraduate student at HIT, 04/2020 - 09/2020)
- Jierui Li (undergraduate student at UESTC, 11/2019 - 06/2020)
- Runze Nie (engineering intern, graduate student at Univ. Melbourne, 12/2019 - 03/2020)
- Tianxiang Zhao (graduate student at USTC, 01/2019 - 06/2019; now phd student at PSU)
- Xintong Li (phd student at CUHK, 07/2017 - 05/2019; now postdoc at OSU)
- Mengzhou Xia (undergraduate student at Fudan, 04/2018 - 08/2018; now phd student at Princeton)
- Yu Liu (ph.d student at HIT, 04/2018 - 11/2018)
- Lianhui Qin (graduate student at SHJT, 07/2017 - 09/2017; now phd student at UW)
- Chunpeng Ma (phd student at HIT, 10/2015 - 03/2016)
- Kehai Chen (phd student at HIT, 10/2017 - 03/2017; now researcher at NICT)
- Zhangming Chan (Tencent Rhino-Bird Scholar from Peking Univ., 05/2020 - )
- Conghui Zhu (Tencent Rhino-Bird Visiting Prof. from HIT, 06/2019 - 01/2020)
- Eiichiro Sumita, Masao Utiyama, Andrew Finch, Akihiro Tamura, Atsushi Fujita, Rui Wang, Xugang Lu, Peng Shen.